Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Domestic Tourist

My wee brother buying cakes @ St George's Market
I grew up in Northern Ireland. Ask me where Lurgan/Banbridge/Monkstown is and I haven't a clue. Ask me what county Aldershot is in, or where I would find Ashford and I know the answer. I doubt I'm alone in knowing other places better than I know my own home. When we are on holiday we tend to spend a bit of time researching the best museums/shops/historic homes to visit, the most awarding winning but still affordable restaurant and I can't tell you how many times I have been to the world's tallest something or other. At home I am a creature of habit and this time round I want to change that! You see our little family of three are moving to Northern Ireland. I want to say 'moving back' but only a third of our unit have ever lived there (me!). 
The lake at Mount Stewart


This time round I am gearing up with trip adviser, tourist information  maps and recommendations as to where to visit, what to eat and the tallest/largest/oldest whatsit. But I need help. Have you got any suggestions? Any favourite places, eateries or walks?

I'll make a list and blog about our visits. We move in May so you've got a bit of time to think ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment